I have both the 1500S and the 1200S and my favorite is still the 1500S.  I guess that's just because I have had it so long and I'm used to it.  The 1500S is very heavy, the 1200S is much easier to carry around.

BUT, here is the caveat, the 1500S is started to die a slow death.  The attenuator is beginning to act up, a common problem.  If the CRT tube finally goes, I understand that there may not be a replacement available for it.  I did fix the power supply in one of them, not an easy job for an amateur.  These are old technology service monitors in todays standard.

If I were able to find either the 1500S or the 1200S at a very reasonable price, I would probably but it.  I would be very careful not to spend too much on a piece of equipment that may turn out hard or impossible to repair.  There are a lot of service monitors kicking around lately because of the changes in technology has made them obsolete.  You just have to find one(s) like I did.

73, Joe, K1ike