Randy,

I own one of Zetron's 19B Simplexors, and I wonder why they discontinued
this great little device.

My Simplexor is plugged into a Motorola SM50 VHF radio, and it exists
solely to provide a means for local hams to hear how they sound.  It
requires PL tone for access, and I have a CSI ID-8 connected so that it
identifies with my call sign each time it is used, at ten-minute
intervals.

You are correct in your belief that it is a simplex repeater.  In
practice, though, it works much better for one-way communication; it is
a real pain to carry on a conversation through a simplex repeater!

Of course, its reason for development was to fill exactly the need you
describe.  One of the applications noted in the manual is to repeat fire
pages several times for volunteer departments that do not have pagers
with voice memory.  There are many options that can be programmed, or
added at modest additional cost.  I am not aware of any other product
that has its audio quality and inherent features.

In my opinion, Zetron should put the 19B Simplexor back into production!

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY