Ok, time to step in here ...

  Start: I have no experience with the KLN6209A reeds ... but I can
 say for the TLN6824A encode reeds - the apparent predecessor of the
 KLN6209A reed.

  The various times I have attempted to substitute the TLN6824A
 encoder reed in place of the TLN8381A decoder reed, the effects
 were almost a disaster.

  In my experience, the TLN8381A decoder reed is a more loosely
 coupled reed (primary to secondary) then the TLN6824A Encoder reed.

  I have tried the TLN6824A encoder reed in place of the TLN8381A
 decoder reed but gave that up quickly as the closer coupling in the
 encoder reed caused the reed to falsely decode on incoming noise
 bursts in the decode mode.

  Hope this helps,

  Neil McKie - WA6KLA