Small, small world!  If I had thought for a few seconds longer I
would have remembered your call, but not the repeater's call.  I
also remember having heard of that particular ID machine.  As I
recall the repeater was a few houses down from our remote on P.V.

I still have a 2 meter repeater (sort of ...TASMA would rather that
I just fade away) I recently dug out my original application for a
coordination dated June 78 talking about needing compatibility with
your pair!  I didn't recognize the callsign or frequency or the
reference to 2 meter SSB activity at first.

Oh well, we're probably boring the list to tears by now so I'll go
back into a "lurking" mode.

73's Skip WB6YMH
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Ken Arck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 04:36 PM 9/20/2004 -0000, you wrote:
> >
> >Unfair, you've changed callsign (I think).  My memory isn't that
> >great, but I remember a Ken that lived on a house boat in San
Pedro,
> >was that you?  What was your call in the "good old" days?  What
was
> >the remote call?  That'll probably jog the memory record
from "off
> >line storage" !
>
> <---Yep, that was me. My old call was WA6EMV (oh no, not him!!).
Back in
> those days, I was the typical know-it-all kid, as opposed to now
being a
> snotty know-it-all middle aged guy!
>
> My old system was originally WR6AKB and then (of course), it
became WA6EMV.
> We were one of the very first to be coordinated on a
VHF "splinter" channel
> in SoCal - 146.745/.145, which is where we ended up after first
being
> coordinated on 147.69/.39, which caused the conflict with the
GR0NK guys.