At 03:58 PM 9/30/2004 -0000, you wrote:
>I realize I can try both to see which I like, but I thought I would
>ask which audio inputs and outputs people are using on this repeater,
>audio or data?

<---The TKR-850 uses DSP for just about everything to do with audio.
Unfortunately, the deemphasis curve the Kenwood engineers programmed  (the
audio available at the RA output) is considerably off from what it should be.

Using the discriminator (or digital) output gets around this however that
being said.....

The deemphasized audio output isn't all that bad actually. It does sound
decent enough on the air and it does have the advantage of having PL rolled
off already, which saves you from having to do it elsewhere.

Unless you're a real purist, use the RA output.

IMHO of course :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net