-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Kelley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>What is the SWR looking into the duplexer?

Did not check that.  What should it be?  I assume 10% or less reflected.

>Have you tried
>different length cables from the transmitter to the
>duplexer and looked to see if the power coming out of the
>duplexer changes?

Nope, but that's next on my list.

>I would investigate to find out why you're seeing these
>numbers. If you're really losing 2.8 dB in the duplexer,
>something isn't right. Try some different cable lengths
>between transmitter and duplexer to see if it has an
>effect.

I plan on checking out some more.  I am going to put a barrel connector on
the end of the PA coax and measure just before it goes into the duplexer
then measure the output of the duplexer.  If that still seems funky I will
try a different length cable.

But... what if the duplexer does have the -2.8 loss, then I guess retuning
is in order?

I read on the repeater builder site that some people tune with the TX power
at the site.  That seems a bit risky to me and it would drastically change
the notches.

> Let us know what you find.

Will do!  Thanks Paul.

-Tim