I would recommend lightning protection (specifically Polyphasor). Since
it should be at the enterance to the building, and the duplexers (the
two on the repeaters and the one combining the repeaters) should all be
inside the building, they would all be protected. That should eliminate
the lightning issue.

The tower is another matter, but in this case the combined feedline is
not diplexed back to two separate antennas, so it's a non-issue.

Joe M.