Hi all,

   I am trying to tune up my duplexed E.F. Johnson PPl 6060 on the
440 band.  There are some directions on the repeater-builder site
that dictate measuring the oscillator voltages with an analog
voltmeter.  I should be trying to measure AC voltage, right?

  Also, it seems that when I try to use my improvised signal
generator (handheld radio) anywhere near my voltmeter its readings
fluctuate all over the scale.  What am I doing wrong, or does my
voltmeter just suck?

Thanks,
Dayne Olmstead
KD7JAH