Time to ask the guys who know...

My old faithful Icom IC-4AT is experiencing intermittent TX. Sometimes the
TX just cuts out, sometimes there's lots of crackling on the transmitted
signal. This is an old HT - the one with thumbwheel frequency select. Looks
like Icom wants $75/hr. repair rate. I can't believe the thing is worth $75.

Can anyone suggest something more economical or is it time to say goodbye to
my old and trusted friend? I just don't have the time, patience and eyesight
to tackle an HT repair.

Reply directly, please
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chuck