Steve Grantham wrote:

>This sounds wild.  However, if he's running 1300' of 0.750 CATV trunk line,
>his loss could be as much as 2.0 dB per 100-foot.  That's 26-dB loss.  Take
>out say 6-db for antenna gain.  This leaves him with 3-Watts ERP.  If it was
>1.0 dB per 100-foot, then the ERP would be about 60-Watts.  I just hope he
>has remote receivers in various and diverse locations around the periphery
>of the transmitter site for maximum system effectiveness.
>
>Steve

.750 CATV hardline has about .66 dB of loss per 100 feet at 68 degrees F
at 150 mHz.  If he was talking about a 2 meter repeater, 1300 feet would
result in 8.58 dB of loss at 2 meters.  If he was talking about a UHF
repeater, 1300 feet would result in 14.56 dB of loss.

If he's running 2M duplex, one could assume about 1.5 dB of loss in the
duplexer, add this to the 8.58 dB of loss in the cable and add 6 dB of
gain for the antenna, his ERP would be somewhere around  120 watts.

Kevin Custer