Many thanks Russ, Joe, Glen and Neil. Spectrum stuff here is SCR200A and
SCT110 receivers and transmitters-----as shown on their web site at
http://www.spectrumcoms.com/. I agree that neither is anything special and I
have heard of others having trouble with Spectrum gear but I have to say
that we have not had any trouble with any of ours. My need for info is just
to put together a simple repeater to backup our  main channel in case it
goes down. I have left phone messages (they don't answer their phone---all
you get is an answering machine) and I sent an email request. Neither has
yet resulted in a response. Maybe they will be back tomorrow---we will
see---but again, on the other hand ----can anybody help with my need just in
case they really are gone?

Scott