I believe you'll find the following interesting:

Gay-Lussac and Avogadro's Law

     * At a given temperature, the number of moles of a gas is directly
proportional to its volume.
     * The molar volume of a gas, regardless of its identity, is constant
     * n/V = constant (at constant T and P)

If one has a gas mixture, the partial pressure of each gas is proportional
to its number of moles.

The total pressure of the mixture is a simple sum of the partial pressures.

That is to say simply, there isn't enough difference in "air" and pure
nitrogen to see ANY difference in the expansion and contraction.

What you do see is a difference in the density of nitrogen and oxygen.
Nitrogen, being more dense, migrates less through other materials. And,
nitrogen doesn't cause oxidation of other materials which can eventually
lead to failure, but not likely in a common automobile tire.

Dry nitrogen is used in large aircraft tires all the time primarily because
of the much higher pressures involved and the fact that it will not migrate
through the tire material. It also will not support the oxidation of the
tire or wheel. For automotive applications, I can't see where it would make
a bit of difference to anyone except those SELLING THE IDEA that it will!
That is unless you're too lazy to check your tire pressures and are willing
to pay someone else large sums of money to take care of that minute task
for you.

Of course this really isn't a tire static issue ;)

73, Tony W4ZT