At 04:17 PM 11/22/04, you wrote:

>On Sunday 21 November 2004 05:07 pm, Mike WA6ILQ wrote:
>
> > A line driver card could be stripped and a vectorboard
> > mounted and used to hold a few "ice cube" relays to
> > do the switching.
>
>I've got no clue as I have never worked with line driver
>cards.

The micor station line driver card is a double-wide card
and I was picturing stripping one and using it as a starting
point - essentially a paddle board - for building up a
sequence that would mount in the micor card cage.
Picture a piece of vectorboard mounted on standoffs
with wires going down to the original line driver board
just to attach to the appropriate pins.
A 555 can source or sink 200mils... I generally limit
them to 100-120 just to avoid blowing them up.
A few 555s with relays could do it.

> > Alternatively...
> > I don't know about the other repeater controller manu-
> > facturers but I could do it on an Scom 7K with a few
> > macros triggered from digital inputs and controlling
> > digital outputs.
> >
> > The AC Power present signal can be derived from the
> > unregulated side of the power supply, or worst-case from
> > a wall-wart 5v power pack... either way it can drive an
> > opto- isolator which can be fed to a digital input on the
> > controller.
>
>Yep, feeding logic to a digital input to initiate the
>sequence is the easy part. I've been up thinking about
>this most of the night, and it looks like I can do it on my
>RLC-4. It would sure be nice if there were a way to force a
>slight pause between executing commands in a macro,
>instead of starting a user timer and having it call yet another
>macro when it expires.

The Scom has a command that can be included in the macro
to pause the execution - it actually freezes the entire controller
until it times out.  Maybe the Link has something similar.

>The minimum PTT down time during
>transition will be 2 seconds due to limitations on user
>timers.

Is there something that you can queue up that will force a
shorter pause?  Scom timers do not have that 2-second minimum,
but if it did you could  have a macro send a message
to an unused port (maybe to the autopatch while it is on hook), then
embed a macro trigger in the message string.
The message could be a 1/2 second of MCW, or a paging tone
sequence, as the contents wouldn't matter.

>However, I think it will work! New project in the queue!

Isn't that always the case?  Projects get pushed onto to the
queue faster than they get popped off....

> > I've found high power coax relays now and then at C & H
> > Surplus a.k.a. C & H Sales in Pasadena, Calif.  Phone is
> > 626-796-2628. Don't know if they have a web site.
> >
> > Please post your results.
>
>Thanks, and thanks for all your input. I had previously
>thought about and rejected the idea of controller
>programming to do this, but now that I look at it again it
>seems viable. I'll post whether it works or not, as soon as
>I find time to get it done.

Time to get a 'round 'tuit.

>Paul  N1BUG

Mike WA6ILQ