--- Scott Overstreet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK guys ---I hear you all saying that hard line is
> better but none of you have said what is the actual
> problem with 9913 flex or LMR-400.

It's been said over and over, the foil rubs against
the braid and causes noise.  This is especially bad on
and outside run that moves in the wind.  Add the
transmitter power to the mix and you might have
mini-arcs in the cables that cause noise and intermod.

>  And then the next question that follows is that
> inside a cabinet full of stuff where 1/2 inch hard
> line is just to stiff -----what do you suggest

RG-400 is great for short runs. LMR-400 may not cause
problems used as jumpers where the cable only carries
the transmit or only the receive signal.  It's when
you use it on the output of the duplexer that you run
into major problems.  This is where the transmittter
power and receiver signal share the same cable.

73, Joe, K1ike