Our Ham club ordered a repeater from Spectrum back in April, and have
never received the ordered product.  We have tried to deal with them,
but it has become apparent that they (1) cannot produce the product
anymore, and (2) have no intention of repaying us our money ("we have
spent the money already, we are a very small company, and we thus
can't afford to give your money back").  Admittedly they tried to
give us another (cheaper, de-featured) repeater, but it was more of
an attempt to stall us off and buy time.

We have thus filed a formal complaint with our state Attorney
General, and probably will have to file against them in Pennsylvania
(Spectrum's home state).  We also are prepared to file a complaint
for mail fraud with the Postal Inspectors, but are holding off until
we see if the Illinois Attorney General's office accomplishes
something first.

Thus, if any of you are looking at Spectrum for equipment or repairs,
be aware that they are apparently having some serious problems.
Among other issues, they do not respond in writing to any inquiries,
and screen all of their phone calls (do not answer the phone
directly).  Plus, they claim to have lost their primary engineer
recently.

Thanks for everyone on this reflector who responded several weeks ago
to my inquiry.  From those cooments, we have concluded that Spectrum
has a history of recent problems, and thus have proceeded to follow
the legal route, as they seem unwilling to play fair otherwise.

'73

John Coker, N9FAM