Hi Mike

Thanks.  Our frequencies are not same as US.  We are confined to 434-438.  So I cannot expect availability of crystals / channel elements in this range.  Of course they may be useless in the US.  The local manufacturer of crystals can supply me with whatever I need within 7 days and that too for a cost under $3 but I need to specify the parameters - that is less than what it will cost for mere postage from the US!!.

I do not think any one in India has even seen a Mitrek.  So it becomes important to be able to specify.  Of course I can just blindly specify 3rd overtone crystal - series resonant and see what happens.  Then I could alter parameters after I see what it does.  Even if I have to waste a couple of crystals is no big deal compared to the hassle of ordering and getting the xtals from US.  If I get hold of the manual including the schematics I can make a more intelligent guess looking on the channel element circuit diagram.

There is a ham in Bangalore who used to work for Motorola and I hope he will be able to hunt out some information.  I thought someone in the US has a clue!!   Are there service manuals around - could one beg, borrow or steal one ?

Thanks for your help.

73s  Venkat  VU2KV