Actually the same applies to the Deviation, at the fundamental Icom output it should be 4 times less "wide" than the output deviation.  In this particular case.

Wade

----- Original Message -----
From: Wade Lake
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] GE Mastr II PLL vs. Multiplier (crystal) exciter in duplex service.

     I stand corrected, in part anyway.  In this GE radio the deviation is indeed at a divide by 12 from the output.  This is why I said "usually", I am not familiar with the intricate details of all radios.  Especially GE's, I was a Motorola tech for quite a few years.  I will leave the GE's to others like you who are more familiar with their inner workings.

     However, even in this particular radio, I noticed the PLL circuit uses a X3 from the original ICOM freq as the PLL reference.  This is made obvious by the divide by 4 fed back from the output of the VCO.  So even though the PLL circuit here is not more stable by a factor of 12, as I initially stated, it theoretically should be more stable by a factor of 4.  This does not appy to deviation in this case but it will most definately apply to frequency drift.

My 2 and a half cents worth.

Wade - KR7K