--- Coy Hilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, you should get it right. It has never been a
> first class
> Technicians license... Or ony class TECHNICIANS
> LICENSE. We who had
> to take the exams to get them knoww what they
> are/were. I still give
> exams for the General Radiotelephone License
> (GROL)from time to
> time.
> They were the First Class Radiotelephone License, Or
>  Second Class
> Radiotelephone License.
> Oh By the way...Element Three which was the element
> required for the
> Second Class license,(Element Three and Four was
> required for the
> First)was a serious test of your knowledge of
> electronic theory.
> 73
> AC0Y

The tests were a joke,  I passed the first class
comercial (all elements on one morinig) when I was
about 21 years old. That was around 1971 or so .
Study guide was a book that was given to me by a
friend that was about 10 years old.  I had never seen
a TV transmitter and would not know what to do with
one if I did.  I thought I wanted to get into
servicing 2-way radio but never did.  The First Class
test was about a dollar more to take it if I remember
correctly. That extra buck was the only reason I took
the first class.  Well, it was about an hours drive to
whre I had to go to take the test.
I don't know how they are now but if they are like the
ham exams then anyone that has half a memory could
pass them.

de KU4PT

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com