Kevin,

Yes, it is asymmetrical.  Each of the three high-pass resonators has two
black plastic plugs near the connector end, while the low-pass
resonators each have one plastic plug.  A Celwave engineer told me that
the 5085-1 is manufactured to order, and that the coupling loops are
factory-adjusted through these ports for optimum return loss at a
particular split, and for a certain band segment.  As a result, the
5085-1 is not really tunable over the entire high VHF band.  I don't see
that as a negative, since it was ordered specifically for this portable
repeater application and is not likely to require retuning.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY