I have seen the "screw in the ends" modification and am leaning in
that direction. But they need to be well sealed I am sure to prevent
corrosion and the associated noise that can be produced.

I understand that the element to the support contact needs to be
welded also to remove that intermittent connection and the
possibility of corrosion causing noise if used in repeater service.

Russ
N4KOX

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "kf0m" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>