I recently rebuilt my 440 repeater and got away from the Mastr II mobile w/ tripler PA and went to a Mastr II Station.  As a part of the upgrade, I sent a set of 2C icoms to International Crystal and had them recrystaled to my frequency.  It has been on the air since the end of December.  When I first put in on, everything was great.  After about 2 weeks, I couldn’t get into it anymore.  After some experimenting, I found that if I tuned down from 449.325 (rx freq) to 449.310 I could bring it up.  Went back to the site with the service monitor and put it back on frequency.  That was 3 weeks ago.  A few days ago, can’t bring up the repeater.  I tried at 449.320.  Bingo!  There it is.

My question…   Is it normal for a crystal to drift that much over the first month or so?  I don’t remember having this problem before but it’s been a while.  No, the building is not climate controlled but is insulated very well and the temperatures have been pretty mild around here lately.

Thanks

Jamey Wright

Systems Analyst

Morgan County EMCD 911