My experience with the Hustler/Diamond/Comet/??? antenna lines are
 as follows:

  My preferred UHF Base station antenna is the Sinclair SC320 10 dB
 gain ... I ordered this one when the previous Phelps-Dodge 10 dB
 stick came apart in a storm.

  The Sinclair is a black housing to assist in snow melting.

    http://www.sinctech.com/catalog/series.aspx?id=23

  Good antenna performance is not cheap.

  Hope this helps,

  Neil - WA6KLA