Mathew Quaife wrote:
> No, the frequency that I am on is 146.925, and he is on 146.910, we are 15
> Khz away, a user was attempting to use my repeater where his signal passes
> through their repeater, he was using about 160 watts of power with a beam to
> get into the system.  His signal then caused the 91 repeater to key up.
> States it was getting into a remote site.  The coordinator is not budging on
> this one, tells me that I am lucky that he is giving me a frequency at all
> as there is none to be had.  So now for the expense of changing all the
> xtals and retuning and just more work.
>

> Mathew

Your response didn't show up here till after I posted...ya-phooey.

I see a BUNCH of problems here.

Number 1: Tell your user to drop his power!!!! 160W is 10-13 dB TOO
MUCH! He should be down around 10W, preferably less!

Number 2: It also sounds like either his transmitter is dirty (Quite
likely at that power level!), or the other repeater has a crappy rx.
Unless the guy is within a mile or less of the other rx, he should not
be bothering it.

Number 3: While action needs to be taken, simply changing freqs is NOT
the anwswer. I don't know how far apart the two repeaters are, but
because they are 15 Khz apart, they should coexist just fine as long as
they are more then, oh, maybe 50 miles apart.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL