The Ron Wright RC1000 is a little tricky.  Make sure you have the correct Control & Program Select Code List (Table 15.1) for the Revision of your controller.  You should use the table that is in the book that came with the controller. They are all different. I have a number of these RC1000 and they drove me nuts until I finally got the correct Table 15.1. Email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  so we don't burn up bandwidth and I will try to help you get the thing to program correctly. Tell me the "sel codes" your having trouble with. After I got it fairly well figured out, its a pretty nice little controller for the price.