Tom,

The R56 Manual is AKA "Fixed Equipment Installation Instruction Manual"
and is available from Motorola Parts as Publication 6881089E50 for $85
plus a surcharge for end users.  This is a large ring binder with many
exhaustively-covered topics.  While it is written primarily as a how-to
manual for cellular telephone installations, it also addresses two-way
radio sites.  It covers such topics as site acquisition, handling
neighbor resistance, environmental issues, political issues, easements,
surveying, etc.

All in all, it is an extremely valuable reference.  One caveat:  If you
follow the electrical grounding instructions exactly per the R56 manual,
an alert electrical inspector will fail the installation.  The R56 team
at Motorola is actively working this issue to avoid a conflict with the
National Electrical Code.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY