See answers intermixed below.

----- Original Message -----
From: "skipp025" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:20 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 440 4 Pole Antenna

> Hi Chuck,
>
> Questions 101...
>
> Why the larger section of welded rod near the
> high side of the feed point?

The element is 50 ohms when it has the larger section. The design is a clone
of a Signals antenna. Signals was purchased by Cushcraft some time ago. The
Decibel design uses elements that are 100 ohms.

> Did you feed yours with a decibel type coax
> hardness or a KLM power divider.

I have always used a power divider.

> [A quick update: KLM power dividers are now
> sold by M-Squared (aka M2) antennas here in
> California).]
>
> I typo'd the last Email to the other gent...
> I suggested he also review the DB-408 antenna
> information, which should have read the
> DB-411 information.
>
> How much did an article in 73 mag pay way back
> then (if you don't mind saying)?

Boy, I don't remember, but it was not much. Let me put it this way, I never
had the urge to write another article due to the money.

Chuck