I have a GLB Preselector-Preamp in my hands right now and it is an MRF901
transistor.  Kevin, you are correct.  Photos available for those who don't
believe.   ;-)

I have several of these in 2 meter and 222Mhz versions and use them to
either fix or prove many problems.  They will fix a multitude of sins, but
not on-frequency interference.  Right now, I just happen to have one apart
to change the connectors to N type for a project.  The model number
sometimes will tell you what it originally was used for.  Mine is a
P-147.49MHZ,  I used it on a special project I did years ago.  I had a wide
split 2 meter repeater that used duplexers that were meant for a 5Mhz
split.  The GLB gave me enough isolation to do a 2MHZ split with low power.

I still have the original catalog, it states that the GaAS fet option was
available in VHF&UHF versions.  I believe that all of mine were BiPolar
versions, I think the "P" at the beginning of the model name denoted
that.  I still have documentation and catalogs, but no schematics.  They
were never available.  The documentation was just sales info and
specifications.

73, Joe, K1ike