Joe wrote:

>I was just looking at a Spectrum SCR-77 that I'm working on and it has an
>FL-6 preselector on it.  It's labelled as a Spectrum product, but looks
>exactly like a GLB preselector.  Anyone have any docs on this unit?
>
>73, Joe, K1ike

If that is a VHF unit, I can assure you they are not the same product.
The GLB used real Helical Resonators where the FL-6 used simple
coil/capacitor tuned circuits.
I tried several of them is various instances and threw (or gave) most of
them away.  The amount of preselection they added was already afforded
by the receiver, so the end result was nothing.

I believe I have docs for the VHF FL-6 somewhere.  If I remember
correctly, the Spectrum UHF preselector was better, however.

Kevin