The T-1504 works very well if clean.  The notches are difficult to tune
perfectly if the inside of the cavity has been exposed to moisture.  I
have opened up cavities and cleaned with steel wool and coated with
light grease and they tune much better.

I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but with these
duplexers I have had a hard time with tuning a pair of cavities with
the stock phasing lines.  I seem to be getting "double peaks" and the
peaks just won't pull together down around 443 MHz.  I went and made
new phasing lines out of the same type cable, but just 1/2 inch longer
on all lengths.  Now the peaks pull together, therefore resulting in
sharper pass band and less loss.  Maybe it was just mine.

73, KC4FWC

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Berlen, K9HX"