Dave VanHorn wrote:
I know I could use one of a number of  "soft AGC" circuits to control the
incoming audio before it is repeated, but that would not prompt the
offending users to mend their ways.  I am working on an audio monitor that
will interject the voice warning "average modulation too high" when it
detects that overdeviation of the input signal is present.  It is not a
simple project!

Interesting..   Can you share any details?