Dave,

I should have known that my gambit would raise some eyebrows!  In truth, my
phrase "working on" is a euphemism for the vague period between "thinking about
concepts" and "experimenting with.hardware."   I know all too well that few
things are more irritating to repeater users than a function or voice
announcement that asserts itself repeatedly for no apparent reason.
Accordingly, my design must have enough intelligence to discriminate between
real deviation that must be evaluated and false deviation caused by noise.  I
am hopeful that the collective knowledge available on this list can synthesize
a working prototype.  Stay tuned...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY