> Micheal Salem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I could never get it anywhere near the specs.
> So, I called Microwave Associates and spoke
> to someone in their repair department. I
> described what had happened and what I had
> done.  He told me that this was very tricky
> to do and that they used nonmagnetic copper
> vises to position the isolator just right
> when assemblying or repairing it.

The key information above "non-magnetic" tools.

> He told me to be sure and use brass or other
> nonmagnetic materials when mounting it and
> to not to take it off the panel.

ding, ding, ding...  jackpot.

You alway want to try and use non magnetic hardware
and tools where possible.  Some of you might have
noticed the mention of Stainless Steel or Brass in
the recent Wacom Duplexer post.

Another reason is to avoid embedding steel or other
unwanted metals from a brush/tool into the subject
item.

> One of the problems in tuning was getting enough
> sensitivity to read the reverse hookup (RF into
> the antenna port and measure power coming out
> of the transmitter port).  I had a 1 watt UHF
> slug, so that I could read .1 watt and that could
> be about 30 db from 10 watts.

One must be cautious, the final adjustment location
moves around with heat.  .... and it doesn't take
much.  In my opinion, the supplied terminations
should be swapped for higher power loads.

> I recently got another 7R011 and will have to dig
> out an aluminum panel to put it on and get
> some dummy loads.

Many Motorola Radio Sites on the West Coast used the
MA Tx combiner systems.  They were made up of the
ever popular Motorola T-1500 BP Cavities (with the
proper loop settings) and the mentioned 7R011 units
in combinations as 4 frequencies per "panel".

Not really the best for close spaced frequencies, but
they did work really well.

cheers,
skipp