-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Steve Rodgers
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:40 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Caution on Bomar Crystals

Why is it  a common theme for some in this group make a statement such as
this?:

> If you cannot afford International, you cannot afford to put a repeater on
> the air.

What a fine piece if discouragement this is for the people just learning to
put a repeater together. Ham radio is all about experimenting to see what
you
can get away with. It is not a commercial endeavour where crystals have to
meet 2.5ppm! If the crystals don't perform to your expectations from one
vendor, try someone else.

Steve
WA6ZFT