Bob,

The most recent instance was with a Cushcraft ARX-270 2m/440 antenna.  I
watched this antenna being assembled, and I can state that there was no
corrosion, maladjustment,  or looseness involved.  We used that antenna briefly
for a 2m repeater simply because it was already in place, and we had a special
event to cover.  A Motorola RKR-1225 repeater was hooked to it using LDF2-50
Heliax feedline.  When the Cushcraft antenna wouldn't work without major
desense, I swapped it for a Sinclair SRL-222 dipole, which worked perfectly.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY