Is the preamp in a shielded box?
Is the power to the preamp via a feedthrough capacitor?
How does the repeater perform without the preamp?
What does the transmitter look like on a spectrum analyzer?
How does the repeater work with a simple 1/4 wavelength vertical?
Is all of the cable going into the duplexer, from both the transmitter and
the receiver, double shielded (RG-214/U or better)?
The MITREK shares a common board between transmitter and receiver making
duplexing difficult without desense. HOw does the repeater perform using a
second MITREK as the receiver?

Some ideas as to where to look.

Hope you find the problem.

73