At 04:10 PM 6/25/2005, Dave VanHorn wrote:
>At 03:15 PM 6/25/2005, Eric Lemmon wrote:
>>Dave,
>>
>>You have done all of the right things, except you did not mention how much
>>deviation your IDer is causing, or how pure its signal is.
>>
>>Many IDers deviate much more than is necessary.  My personal preference is
>>something around 1 kHz, and no more than 2 kHz deviation.  When I
>>set up an IDer,
>>I first set the code speed as slow as it will go, like one word per
>>minute, so
>>that a Morse dash lasts for several seconds and makes it easy to set the
>>deviation.

It's a voice unit, set to 3kHz average deviation, IOW it's roughly as
loud as a user's voice.

>>Another thing to look at, if you tweaked the PA, is to make certain
>>that your PA
>>is not generating any spurious signals.  Since you did adjust the
>>duplexer tuning,
>>the load impedance seen by the PA may have changed enough to cause
>>PA instability.

That's a thought, but then I should pick it up on my radio, sitting
near the repeater.

>>Finally, is it certain that your repeater and the complainers'
>>radios are exactly
>>on frequency?  Even if your repeater output is right on frequency,
>>one or more of
>>the complainers might have a radio that is off far enough that it picks up a
>>fringe of your channel.

Well, I know the repeater was set to a calibrated SM within the last
couple months.
The user's radios were last calibrated in Japan.