At 10:17 PM 7/5/2005, Mathew Quaife wrote:
>The Vocom amp is a commercial made amp, designed for repeater use,
>this particular model is no longer made, but the company still makes
>them, all new design and new staff.  I think what my biggest concern
>is, that all of this did not crop up until after I installed the new
>DB224 antenna.  I have another transmitter that I am able to use,
>have to order an xtal for it and see if does any
>better.

Hmm.. This makes me think of something with reflected power into the
TX, but it may just be coincidence.

In our case, the PLL was tuned after 24 hours of burn-in, to exactly
factory spec, but within 6 months it had drifted far enough to be
partially unlocking.
Worse, the radio didn't detect the unlock, and kept transmitting with
the VFO hopping between these two frequencies.
I even tied the lock line manually, and the radio just kept right on
transmitting!