Having a radar unit is perfectly legal.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:43 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: OT: NC man charged with 'driving a cop car'
due to ham antennas

Well I went to the website posted and saw a picture of jerry's
car.
I would like jerry to explain why he has a Traffic Radar gun sitting
on his dash, (zoom in on the dash) I think that might have been a
factor in his getting arrested. Being a Ham and also a police officer
I see allot of hams that are stepping over the line, from light bars
to sirens, in all honesty I'm surprised this doesn't happen more
often.

Eric Moeller Kc5Fog