-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Pugh
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 6:38 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: OT: NC man charged with 'driving a cop
car' due to ham antennas

But does it pass the common sense test? I agree, it is legal and within
our rights to possess the thing, but knowing that possession alone could
possibly get you into trouble, and knowing that you had no need to own
it besides to play with it, why mount it on your car, except to "play
cop"? It just seems to me that the benefits did not weigh out well
against the trouble he got in. It's legal (with the proper permits) to
carry a handgun into a crowded mall. But if you start taking it out and
pointing it at people, even if it is unloaded, your actions will be
perceived by others as dangerous, and the authorities will likely arrest
you. It's not what you posses that matters, it's what you do with your
possessions that do...

Mike