HI Nick,
I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.
"Mobile repeaters"  are for the most part, completely useless. Most
coordinators want to know exactly where you are going to put your
repeater before they will Coordinate a Freequency pair. Mobile
repeters are at their best as emergency repeaters for remote
locations in disasters, or special events.

Second, There are now in most places.....medium to large cities, Way
more repeaters than necessary, and nearly as many as there are hams.
That means MOST machines that people put large amounts of money and
time into NEVER get used.

Third, If you have to ask for detailed info on how to obtain parts,
put togeather and how a repeater works you are not ready to own a
repeater. You should study, read a lot of old posts from this site,
and ask local hams in your area about building and owning repeaters,
before thinking about owning a repeater. There are already too many
repeater owners that aren't technical enough to own a repeater and
thier machines sound like ...well, crap. If you are serious about
owning a decent machine and put the time into it that it deserves,
and when you can answer the questions that you asked in your post
then GOOD LUCK!

73
AC0Y

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "ncamilli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>