At 7/29/2005 08:58 AM, you wrote:
>Although the Clegg and Midland 13-509 radio mod to
>repeater convertion works ok, the receiver is fairly
>marginal for most busy repeater applications.  You'd
>do much better to buy a receiver designed for actual
>repeater operation.

I have to disagree.  I maintain 2 220 MHz systems in SoCal: one is on top
of a downtown LA highrise.  Only thing between the RX & antenna is a notch
duplexer.  No desense or IMD.  The other is about 10 miles north at a minor
comm. site & does have a pass cavity in front of a GaAsFET preamp.  No IMD
there either, although the RX is a bit more sensitive of course.  Both
systems have been in service for over 25 years; only failure I know of
between the two is that one RX had a cold solder joint on the 2nd LO xtal.

Bob NO6B