I recently acquired a Motorola R-2200B Service Monitor with a spectrum analyzer.  It seems to be in good working order, except that the scope tube is starting to get dim.  I do have a manual for it.

I know there has been some discussion on one of the lists about replacement scope tubes for Motorola monitors.  I have spent some time going through my archives and can't seem to find that discussion.  I apologize for asking again and for the cross-posting.

According to the manual the scope tube is a D7-201GH or a D7-231GN.  The Motorola part number is 96-80377A04.  The scope module is a RTC1004B.   I haven't identified the exact tube in my scope.

The electrostatic deflection coil is L1 and mounts on the neck of the tube. It is a 24-80377A06.  This is for trace rotation adjustment.
A friend of mine who has rebuilt three of these indicated that he thought the tube was $600.00 from Motorola.  He also indicated that the electrostatic deflection  coil is glued to the tube and Motorola wants a lot more money for the tube and deflection coil assembly, but he was able to remove it and fit it to the new tube.   By the way, his memory was that the scope tube may have had the Tektronix name on it.

The scope uses 6.3 volts on the filaments and runs 1200 volts.  It also uses a 140 volt supply.

Does anybody know of any source to find a tube?   I want to see if it is reasonable to either replace it, or get used to dim lights in the shop.

Since Motorola turned their service monitor business over to General Dynamics, I would imagine that I would not want to buy one from them.  If it is too much, I guess I will get use to the display.

Thanks in advance.

Micheal Salem N5MS

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS