From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:57 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com; Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] mobile repeaters

Midland LMR Syntech II series radios offer this in a cross band
configuration.  It is the 70-2959-X (X=1 for VHF and 2 for UHF) option.

In their Low Band, you could have either VHF or UHF "repeater" unit, which
is actually an 8 channel 1 - 2 watt handheld radio and a controller.  In VHF
Models, the "repeater" unit would be UHF.  These are added into the main
chassis and are considered a trunk mount or remote mount package with
control head.  The Deluxe control head can actually be attached to the front
of the radio to make an all-in-one configuration.

Look for Midland Vehicular Repeater on eBay.  The 70-3400B is a 40 watt VHF
Highband unit, which will tune down to 2 meters and is computer
porgrammable.  The 70-520CWB is a 110 Watt lowband unit which will tune to 6
meters.  Both rigs use 2 separate antennas; no duplexer required.

The programming will allow matching a repeater channel to the input channel.
When you go in on a specific frequency,  it will go out on the frequency
matched to that "channel".  Power can be set to high or low; values
determined by maximum output.  They have very flexible programming options.
Make sure there is a local shop to do the programming for you.  It can get a
bit complex to gather the different soltware and info to match up control
head to unit to do it your self.  Most of these units come without control
head or cables, so it isn't a turn-key solution - just a possibility that
may match your needs.

David Little
KD4NUE