At 10:47 AM 11/22/2005 -0800, you wrote:

>If anything is coming back down the antennaand through
>the duplexer and mixing in the PA, the circulator will
>prevent or reduce that effect.

<---Absolutely correct. BUT that is not the same thing as desense nor are
the symptoms the same.

You said the duplexer, taken to a different site, didn't show any desense,
I'd suspect VSWR on some port, be it the antenna, rcvr or xmtr one
(presenting other than the exact same load on ANY port of a duplexer
between its tuning and deployment WILL detune it. That is why it's best to
be sure there is a 50 ohm load on each port).

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
We are now an authorized Telewave Dealer!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net