Well just for the sake of trying, I'm going to change the one length of cable going from the pa to the duplexer and see if that helps.  I am beginning to believe it is the first can in the TX side that is giving me all the fits, as this is the second time I have had to retune it.  I don't knowif 600 Kc's is going to really make a big difference, but I'm going to switch it with one from the RX side and see if I can get past that notch in the rod, where tunning is extrememly difficult.  It has been that way since I got it, I believe it was overtighten at one point.  My goal next year is to remove the duplexers and use remote receive sites with the first one being about three miles from the transmitter.

Will try it this evening and see what happens and let everyone know if I seen any change.  Thanks for the input.

Now I see why they say it is such mass confusion when two people talk at once..Hi Hi.  DUPLEX, not a "SINGLE" thing easy about it....lol...

Mathew

Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
According to duplexer manufacturers, there is not a "right" length but
there can be a "wrong" length. Some call it an "adverse" length. They
suggest trying a different length if there is a problem. It's impossible
to get a specific length like 1/4 or 1/2. Where do you measure from and
to? From the PA transistors? From the connector? No way to tell, so you
can't.

Chuck
WB2EDV