skipp025 wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> There was a debate about the reverse being "a
> true Motorola type Reverse-Burst". It only seemed
> to matter if you were running the true reverse
> burst decoder with the reed stall Motorola
> parameters values.
>
> Never mattered to me much... the goal was to
> reduce or elminate the users tx un-key static
> crash.
>
> I got tired of fighting different reverse phase
> formal formats for so many different radios &
> receivers.

I hated that too. I always figured that it should be 180 degrees. If it
worked with that, good. If not, oh well, live with it.

> Extending out the rptr tx hang time without a
> sub tone has been a "poor mans" way to deal with
> no reverse burst function. I put in one of the
> original comm spec RB-1 modules (diagram avail
> on the RB web site) and some radio decoders liked
> it... some didn't. So I added the extended no
> sub tone time and everyone is for the most part
> happy.

How much of delay did that add, btw? Normally I would think no more then
  about a half second would do for most radios...except some of the
cheapies, Maxon, Tekk, Tait, Yaesu, etc.

> I use the molex jack on the back for external
> controllers and tone panels... the hook-up is different
> for each.  As a simple ID'er, I've used the Autocode
> module many times.  It's cheap and an easy board
> to add... no other parts are required other than
> the molex plug & pins.
>
> The first time you do any tkr repeater connection...
> you quickly learn to scratch your head in wonder.
>
> cheers,
> skipp

You mean like having to put a jumper from pin 1 to ground for the PTT on
the back to work?
;c)

--
Jim Barbour