From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Fred Townsend
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:18 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: interface to shut off a radio on temporaly base

I'd like to second Skipps comments and add one of my own. At the factory we used ordinary dish washers (until we got the commercial washers) to clean PC boards.  Most components are water safe. Exceptions, are non hermetic parts like switches and transformers; things with paper or bakalite coil forms.  Spic and Span is a little harsh. For general cleaning, including automatic dish washers, useArm and Hammer baking soda.

If you think someone has used an acid flux (sometimes necessary to solder nickel or steel) clean with ammonia before the baking soda. Finally if you have rosin flux isopropyl alcohol works well. Don't use rubbing alcohol (contains water) or use alcohol in the automatic dish washer (it will burn).

Fred AE6QL

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS