Some time back I worked with a 155 Mhz Sinclair Duplexer in the 2M band.  I
could not get the notches to tune properly, so I added a Type N elbow in one
leg of the circuit.  This made the coaxial jumper about 1" longer (bungee
coax) and solved a problem.

I would be much surprised if cables were an issue, unless they had been
messed with extensively or modified.  Usually a duplexer just sits there and
works for years and years, and the cables are usually not moved very much,
unless someone monkeys with things.

Steve
NU5D