> I would be much surprised if cables were an issue, unless they had
been
> messed with extensively or modified.  Usually a duplexer just sits
there and
> works for years and years, and the cables are usually not moved very
much,
> unless someone monkeys with things.

True, or it was not right to start with.
In my case, I have this 2M repeater with no real history behind it.
I don't know if the cans were commercial ones pulled into the ham band,
or ham cans to start with.. I have no idea if they were "fixed" by
someone before they got to me. (Fixed, as in 'fixed like a cat')

So, I am of the mind to check everything when we go up there for the
rebuild.