At 1/29/2006 11:37 PM, you wrote:
>About 8 years ago, I tried using a Comet GP-9 antenna combined to serve two
>repeaters, one on 2 meters & the other on UHF.  I found the GP-9 worked FAR
>better on 2 meters than on 445 MHz.
>
>I was running good GE Mastr Pro repeaters, good pass/reject duplexers, good
>ARR GaAsFET pre-amps, and had NO desence.
>
>The comet GP-9 simply is not very good for UHF.  Of course, the water you
>foung in the antenna is not good either.

My experience has been quite different, as I've found the GP9 to be overall
a very good UHF antenna.  I have a 2 meter & 440 system running off of one
in a very similar layout to yours (antenna only a few feet above the
equipment); the 440 outperforms 2 meters as expected.  No desense on either
band.  There is a DB-408 at the site that we once tried but the GP9
outperforms it as well.

Bob NO6B